Bitcoin will replace the dollar Jack Dorsey said on Tuesday, in response to a tweet by rapper Cardi B.
- Cardi B broadly asked if crypto would replace the U.S. currency to which Dorsey replied “Yes, Bitcoin will.”
Yes, Bitcoin will
— jack⚡️ (@jack) December 21, 2021
- The co-founder and former CEO of Twitter is a big supporter of crypto, and has expressed his support for bitcoin since at least 2018. In August, he tweeted that “Bitcoin will unite a deeply divided country. (and eventually: world).”
- Dorsey left the social media giant last month to focus on fintech firm Block, formerly known as Square. During his tenure as Twitter CEO, the platform enabled bitcoin tipping and promised it will integrate NFT authentication.
- The price of bitcoin is currently hovering around $48,900 at press time.
- Parag Agrawal, the new CEO of Twitter, has been heavily involved in decentralized projects in the company.
UPDATE (Dec. 21, 08:53 UTC): Adds additional details in third and fourth bullet. Adds bitcoin price in fifth bullet.